Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Best Nanny Ever.

Okay, so Im not the best Nanny ever, but I will be after this summer. Then I will write a book on how others can do the same thing. But so far, this is what I got to make being a Nanny easy.

1. Penny Trivia

I ask each kid a question in the car, if they get the answer correct, I give them a check mark. Which is worth a Penny. As the questions go on I as them if they have 39 questions correct; how many nickels, dimes, or quarters do they each have. I know this sounds silly but the kids I've tried it with have loved it, then I'll take them to McDs or wherever they want, but they can only use how much "money" they've earned.

2. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!

I plan an outting at least once a week; movie, mall, lunch with one of my friends that they know, museum, baseball game, beach if its close, bluebell icecream factory, or a city owned park. They love it and it gives you something to look forward to.

But everyday they need to get off the couch and ride bikes, go swimming, for a walk, or go to a playground! Kids might think they want to sit and watch Disney Channel, but they dont and it will drive you crazy!!

3. Show them something NEW

Today I showed my girls a game on the web that I was allowed to play in High School because of the educational value. They love games, but this one, you learn!

www.addictinggames.com/50states.html

I think its fun and it helps the kids LEARN a bit while on their summer vacation!

More to come later...

No comments: